Friday, April 25, 2008

Journal topic: Love

What do you do to let others know you love them?

This is an interesting one. The way I like to show love is different depending on the person and the situation. I love to hug people, but will only do it if I know the person is okay with that kind of physical contact. I have one friend that I hug everytime we see each other, and one friend that I've only hugged maybe twice in 20 years of friendship. I hug my parents all the time. Other than physical contact, I like to show love in lots of ways. I use words and actions as much as possible to show that I care about people. I tell them I miss them when they are not around, I care about what they have to say, I ask about their lives. I support them in times of need and give advice when they ask for it.

I think showing love is one of the best gifts we can give each other, and I always try to show the people I love just how much they mean to me. Of course, I don't always do it enough, but I do try. I hope that counts for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment