Thursday, February 15, 2007

interesting days...

Wow, it's been a busy few days. Work has been crazy, and I've actually been having more of a social life than usual (which is a good thing.) Nothing serious, no dates or anything, but I have been spending more time out with friends and with my sister and less time at home. It's pretty much at the point where I would like to spend some time at home just to collect my thoughts and do some much-needed work around the house! The laundry situation is becoming desperate, as evidenced by what I had to wear to work today, lol. I can't complain, though. I was going to go home last night and spend Valentine's Day sitting at home watching Bones and Lost and working on one of my novels, but instead a friend asked me if I wanted to have dinner. I'm glad I went, because it was better being out and enjoying great company than being in and wishing I wasn't alone. Only occasionally do I feel lonely, and on holidays that are all about being with someone, that loneliness tends to come rushing to the surface. Normally I'm really happy about being single, because it means I have complete control over my life and I don't really have to consider someone else when I make plans. So anyway, it was a fun diversion and I'm glad I did it. However, now I'm behind on some things that I was going to do, so tonight I will need to kick it into high gear! I have a few letters to write, and I've recently gotten a fun brainstorm for one of my books, so I'm going to work on it for at least a couple of hours tonight while I'm getting my laundry done, and I need to write some stories for the SA newsletter by Sunday, so I'll probably work on one or two of those as well. Also, there's a new magazine in my area and they are looking for writers to contribute pieces, so I'm going to contact the editor today and see if they would like to see some writing samples. I found out about this through my local writer's guild, so I'm sure it's legit. I'm also going to start looking for other opportunities like this, and will hopefully find some steady jobs that I can do in the evenings after work. One thing about me is, if I have a deadline, I will cancel all plans and work until it's done... early. I always aim for several days before deadline because you never know what might happen.

So anyway, there's a lot going on, obviously! And in the midst of all this, I look at my 101 in 1001 list and realize that I haven't done much on it lately. I need to get back to it, because there are several things on that list that are time sensitive. There are a few things in the works, though. As soon as my fundraiser is over in May, I'm going to officially join the Mobile Writers Guild. I've been trying to join for awhile, but our fundraising committee keeps scheduling meetings on the same night as the guild meetings. So as soon as that's over, I'm joining! Also, I just found out that a local library has a "Classics Revisited" book club, so I'm going to join that next month. That will be two things on the list.

Anyway, I'm going to stop here, but look for a recap of my LA trip (hopefully) tonight. I'll do that after I work on the book. So much to do... so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment