Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The most un-exciting Fat Tuesday ever

Not that I'm complaining or anything, trust me. I was excited about being off today because I thought I might get caught up on some things that I need to catch up on, especially the writing. I haven't been doing enough of that lately, mainly because of various illnesses, family obligations, and some unbelievably stressful days at work. Not to mention the business travel and everything involved with that.

But, today was spent in other ways. My mother has been having some back problems the last few days, only she hasn't felt the need to share that with anyone. But, this morning, when she could barely get out of bed, she thought it might be a good time to talk about it. (she's as stubborn as I am, I swear!) So I took her to the doctor today. It turns out that she could have a disk inflamation, and they gave her some medication and told her to take it easy. Of course, that's not easy for her, so I've been making sure she doesn't overdo it all day today! This might sound odd, but I am happy that I am able to take care of her like this. I mean, she took care of me all those years, and especially after my divorce when I really needed some love and support, so it is my pleasure to take care of her when she needs it. I guess I see it as a way to repay her for everything she did for me when I was a kid, and even as an adult. She seems to be fine now, which is good. I find myself getting very worried about her and about my dad. When did my parents get old? I don't remember it happening, and I don't like it at all.

Anyway, so in between checking on her and gently reprimanding her when she gets up off the couch, I did manage to write the required stories for the SA newsletter, and I even jotted down some ideas for a work project I will have to start on first thing in the morning when I get to work. Yes, I have become one of those adults who thinks about her job constantly. Yikes! When did that happen?

I'm going to schedule in writing time every night for the rest of this week, and a huge chunk of it during the weekend so that I can get some real work done on a couple of my stories. I'd like to start a short story idea that has been bouncing around in my head, so I'm going to start that during the next few days. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment