Tuesday, November 6, 2007

a rough few days

Things have been a little rough lately. My sister went to the doctor for some problems she has been having and found out she has to have an emergency hysterectomy for a uterine mass. They don't know if it's malignant or benign yet, and I have to work the day she has her surgery. I have to work that day because we have some events coming up that are very important to the organization and I'm planning them. In a way, I'm glad I can't be at the hospital because I really hate the waiting and wondering and sitting there completely helpless. On the other hand, if it turns out to be something scary or bad, I really want to be there. I hate being torn like this.

To make up for not being at the hospital, I'm making a package of entertainment for her recovery time. I'm putting in some books and movies I know she will like and some snacks that won't require any effort (no getting up to cook!) and I'll be taking care of her kids while she's in the hospital. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks!

I got the call for a third interview for a job I really want. I could learn so much about development at this job and it would allow me to go to grad school without adding to my student loan debt, which would be great! Actually, I could take any (evening) classes I want, which means I can finally sign up for a creative writing class! I really want to do that. I'll report back as soon as I know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment