Monday, January 7, 2008

strange days ahead

I think I'm in for some strange days, but I intend to enjoy the experience and get everything from it that I can. This is an unprecidented event in my life, this recent development, and I'm taking it like a writer. I've always done this when I go through new and different things in life. It's just more material to write about and emotions to use while writing. I like looking at things this way, it means that no experience is bad because all experiences are productive. Does that make sense?

I spent a large portion of the weekend and this evening looking for job openings. There are a few out there, so I'm not giving up. In fact, I set up an interview for Friday.

I have a lot to think about in that area. If I have to choose between staying or moving just to have the career I want, I have a feeling I would end up regretting the decision to leave more than the decision to stay. I can't imagine something happening to a member of my family and me not being there to help. I think moving across the country to get a good job is out of the question. I like it here. I like the beach and the weather and the people, but most of all, I like being near my family, because I can help out when needed. They are all I have. Of course, the two things I want to do most - 1. be a writer and 2. start a children's theatre, are both things I can do without leaving, but those things are not immediate solutions to my current problem, they are longterm plans. That's not to say I'm not doing something about these plans... I'm doing a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment