Saturday, February 2, 2008

call me a slacker if you want...

Life
I deserve to be called a slacker for my dismal posting habits lately, I know. This week was crazy! I spent the first part of the week training my replacement at my old job. I can actually say "my old job" now, because Wednesday was my last day. There's something very interesting about closing a chapter of life and starting a new one. It's scary, but exciting - at the same time! Here's my current vague update - Something exciting and amazing might happen. Stay tuned.

Writing
Still plugging away at the outline for Draha. I'm beginning to understand how JK Rowling must have felt when she was outlining Harry Potter. Creating a world is very complex and (dare I say it?) FUN! It's taking longer than I expected to get through the detailed outline, mainly because the outline is becoming more detailed than I expected. I'm happy about the way things are going, though. I love when I'm working on a story and everything just falls into place. I've been in that zone for a few months now, and it's GREAT!

Knitting
I started on the basketweave scarf but haven't done much on it this week. I did get some really nice yarn the other day - a soy/wool blend in shades of blue - that I immediately put to use! I'm working on a purse using a sort of hybrid design taken from a few different purses I found on Ravelry and a felted box design from the wonderful Mason Dixon Knitting book. I'll post some pictures when I get further in the design. Still working on my first sock. Haven't done much on it, but also haven't forgotten it. I'm also contributing a square for a charity project I found on Ravelry. It won't take long to make and it's nice to do something for someone else.

Theatre
Got the publicity about the upcoming show out, so I'm happy that's done. I still have to finish the program, make sure the poster is done, get the postcards out, and send the press release about the upcoming auditions. See, that's why I haven't been posting. My evenings have been filled with theatre business (not to mention a grant that I'm writing for a client) so I haven't had time to post anything here! But I'll do better, I promise! The show opens Feb. 15, so we spent some time today setting lights. It was my first time being there while that happened, so I just watched and learned. It was great.

That's it for now. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment