Wednesday, August 29, 2007

exhausted

It's almost 1 a.m. and I just got home from another incredible show. Actually, some of the cast and some friends and I went out after the show. It was nice. I've found some great people during this show and I think we will continue talking to each other, just like Cathy and I have, and like Tim and I have.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like Misery is being mentioned to me a lot lately. I've talked with more people about it than I can count, and they all seem to think I would be a good choice for the part. One person in particular, whose acting I completely admire, is talking as if I already have the part. I won't let it go to my head, though. Everyone has to audition and mine may be horrible, like my audition for Hamlet was. Or it could be great, like my audition for Guys and Dolls. Speaking of that show, I still haven't heard, but I don't expect to hear anything until after Labor Day, as promised. I did hear that they were having a shortage of adults at auditions, which bodes well for me. If they want to cast adults in the adult roles and teens as chorus parts, maybe I have a better chance at Sarah. We'll see.

I had a moment tonight, with someone I've been interested in for awhile. I'm not sure if he felt it too, but I really felt something... a connection. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I felt like there was a hint of things to come. Maybe... maybe not... but it's fun to think about it! He is so amazing.

Work was good today. I was only in the office for about half the day, but I got so much done! I felt great about crossing those things off my list, because the list was starting to get a little too long! It feels more managable now, and I'm okay with everything I need to do and the time frames involved. There's a lot going on right now and it will be important to stay on top of it. I spent the afternoon at a United Way rally, talking about my organization. It was at a local chemical plant and I was really nervous going there at first. There was a safety video and I had to wear a hard hat and safety glasses. It was crazy, but I loved it!
I may have another interview soon. I'm just waiting for a call to give me the details. It would be the most amazing job and I could really see myself doing it. The organization does something that is really close to my heart, and I would love to be a part of it.

I got a little writing done today, but not enough to bother updating the meters. I like the direction Magnolia Tree is going, and Deadly Council is taking shape a little more. I haven't stopped planning Draha either. It's always on my mind. I am still working on the basics of the world right now, but it's getting there. I'm so excited about the concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment