Monday, August 27, 2007

Guys and Dolls: Auditions

I auditioned this evening. I didn't know what song I was going to do until the moment I drove up to the theatre. Then it hit me. The song that exhibits the range required for the role of Sarah (that isn't actually a Sarah song and that I know well enough to use in an audition) is "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom. I hated to do a song from such a well-known musical, because everyone does them, but it's a good song to show off my range so I decided to go ahead and do it. I felt better when the next person auditioning did Amazing Grace. :)

Anyway, the song went very, very well. I feel like I did a good job on it. After I sang, they gave me a script and told me I would be reading Sarah. Another woman read Adelaide. When we went out into the hallway to practice the scene, she told me my song was amazing. That felt great! We went through it twice and then went onstage. I think the reading went well too. I felt good about it. Much better than I felt about my disasterous audition for Hamlet all those weeks ago.

They said they would let everyone know after Labor Day. We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment