Thursday, March 30, 2006

Deep Thoughts... by Anita

I had a thought this afternoon, based on several things I read today and conversations I had with people, and I thought I would share it with everyone.

On the buffet of life, don't settle for the Jello salad. (unless that's what you really, really want)

Another one... I frequent a message board where, in the general discussion section, there were quite a few people bowing down to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If you don't know what that is, just google it and you'll get lots of info. I promise. Well, being a Christian and being the kind of person who likes to find humor in everything, I decided to counter the rising popularity of the FSM by designing a couple of products on cafepress.com. I'm not sure when I'll be able to do this, but one day I will. The first product will say "My God ate your Flying Spaghetti Monster" and will include a picture with the FSM on a fork. The other will say "And on the 8th day, God created the Flying Spaghetti Monster. And He saw that it was good. So He ate it." Again, with the FSM on a fork. Hey, if they can make fun of my faith, I can make fun of their joke, right? What kind of world would it be if we didn't laugh at ourselves (and others) sometimes? Anyway, I'm certain nobody but me will buy the products, but I want to make them just for fun. Of course, nobody down here would get it and they would just think I'm crazy, but that's okay too.

Or maybe that's just the Lortab talking... (maybe this entire post is just the Lortab talking... I've got to get better so I can stop taking those things... they make me loopy)

No comments:

Post a Comment