Monday, March 20, 2006

Good News/Bad News

I'm always the "bad news first" kind of person, so I'll jump right into it. Well, maybe that was a bad expression to use.

I broke my ankle yesterday. Falling down stairs is never fun. It's extra not-fun when you hear and feel the snap of your bone as you come down on it with all your weight. So here I am, 29 years old and using crutches to hobble around. It's really hard to maneuver with these things. I hope I get better at it soon. So yesterday I spent a good deal of my time in the emergency room waiting room, and today I spent several hours at the doc's office, waiting for him to tell me to come back in ten days for a cast. Luckily, it'll be a walking cast so I can get rid of the stupid crutches. They really are difficult to deal with. So now I have to deal with the pain and suffering of the ankle, the crutches, and the very large bump on my head from hitting either the wall or the floor (I'm really not sure because I was tumbling down so quickly I can't remember which thing my head actually hit)

But the good news? You want that now? I bought a new car. Yes, I traded in Kermit the Car for a shiny new muppet. I named him Gonzo because he's a beautiful bright blue, just like the muppet... and plus I have to keep with the theme. He's a Honda Civic with all the fun features that I like to play with (like a sunroof!!!) So now when I go to Rhea's house, the two Civics (Grover and Gonzo) can sit beside each other and be pretty together. (her Grover is a darker blue than my Gonzo) Anyway, I'll post a pic soon. I haven't taken one yet, but I plan to hobble out tomorrow morning and take one before I go to work. It will experience its first Interstate trip tomorrow when I take it to work. It'll be fun to see what it can do. So anyway, Kermit is now owned by the car dealership, and I feel a little sad about getting rid of the first car I ever purchased by myself. There are a lot of memories in that car. My favorite? Driving to Disney World with my parents and Noah on the day he graduated from Kindergarten. He was so proud and happy! We sat in the back and watched DVDs on my laptop half the way, and he fell asleep with his head in my lap. Then when we stopped to switch drivers and I took the wheel, he slept on my mom's lap the rest of the way. It was so sweet. But anyway, even though I feel a little sad about letting Kermit go, it was time to do it and I'm really happy about Gonzo. It was a great purchase and it will be a great car, with many new memories (taking Hannah and Kohl to Disney World in a couple of years...) and many years to enjoy it. And enjoy it I will!

So anyway, it's been sort of a strange couple of days. Good news/bad news... that's the way life goes, isn't it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment