Sunday, June 3, 2007

Script Frenzy Day 3

Current wordcount: 2,430
Today's wordcount: 688
Time spent writing: 30 minutes
Time spent on SF Boards: 10 minutes
Today's soundtrack: Thirteen Senses
Today's mood: Pretty good

Things are still going well. The script is coming along. I wrote the first really emotional scene today and I think it works. One of the characters went through a divorce when she was very young, and the scene I wrote today is the one where her husband tells her he wants to split up. So it's still flowing pretty well, and I'm really happy about that. I'm a little shocked that I'm not having more trouble with this. I've always been better at description than dialogue. It's a great exercise for me to have to focus on the characters speaking to each other. Hopefully I'll come out of this a better writer, even if my script isn't any good!

We had a play selection committee meeting this afternoon. It was great! We put blankets on the ground and lounged on them, each of us reading a different script. We talked about what we were reading, and if someone read a particularly funny bit, we would share it with everyone. It looks like we will probably recommend Misery for the thriller and Faith County for the light comedy. Both shows have parts I'm eligible for, so I'm happy about that! We're looking at Quiters, Honky Tonk Angels, Convenience or possibly Godspell for the musical. There may be some other choices for the musical. I'm not sure. We have to pick 4 shows, so we have our work cut out for us! It's so much fun, though! I brought two scripts home, Veronica's Room and The Kitchen Witches. I can't wait to start reading them!

I didn't finish the miter yesterday, so I'm going to try tonight. I did most of it, but just got tired and went to bed. I hate to leave something unfinished, but sometimes you have to put it down and go to sleep. I'll try to finish tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment