Sunday, June 17, 2007

Need a vacation from vacation

Well, I'm back. The vacation was great, and offered a much-needed change of scenery. Now, however, I need a vacation from my vacation! But, alas, it's back to work tomorrow. Actually, I find myself wondering how things went last week and if anything interesting is going on. I guess it's a sign that I still love my job! Everyone gets a little burned out now and then, especially in nonprofit work. That's why taking a trip every now and then is really important, in my opinion.

I'll be posting Script Frenzy progress tomorrow. I didn't write while on vacation. I just didn't have the opportunity to do it. I thought that would be the case, so it's fine. I planned to miss a week. So it's back to the writing routine tomorrow. I'll be getting up early for writing, then going to work.

After work, I have auditions for Hamlet. I know there isn't a major role in that play for me, but a small part is fine. I would just like to do it, since I've always loved the play, and since I'm a great lover of the Bard.

I bought a book today, "No Way to Treat a First Lady" by Christopher Buckley. I've read two of his other books ("Thank You for Smoking" and "Little Green Men") and absolutely loved them, so I have high hopes for this one. Satire is always so much fun!

I also pre-ordered my copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." I am very much like other fans I've encountered... so excited to see what happens, but also dreading the end because it means there will be no more books. I've always been the kind of person who imagines what might happen after the story is over, and the rich and detailed world of Harry Potter is so full of possibilities even beyond whatever end Rowling chooses. Unless every single character dies (which I seriously doubt will happen) there will always be people like me who will want more. I guess you could say I get a little too attached to characters.

That's it for now... pictures from vacation to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment