Tuesday, June 5, 2007

RANT

Yesterday was the worst day ever. Seriously, the worst day. Migraine all day, but still had to go to work. Couldn't wake up early because of the migraine and by the time I got home I couldn't stand to look at the computer screen. And on top of all that, I had to go to Walmart to get some things for work and went through the self check line. I got $40 cash back and my phone rang while I was completing the transaction and because I was distracted I walked away without getting my cash. On the off chance that someone honest came through the line after me, I called them when I realized what I had done, and they watched the video to see what happened. The next person in line put my money in their pocket.

I understand how tempting that must have been, to just randomly come upon $40. But what happened to honesty? What happened to common human decency? What happened to knowing that the money isn't yours and realizing that someone needs it? I've always believed that people are generally good. Well, this incident has destroyed that belief. I know it was my fault for getting distracted and leaving the money in the tray, but I've found money before and I always turn it in. It's not my money so I wouldn't feel right about keeping it. I hope whatever this person buys with my money breaks immediately and they can't return it. Or if they buy food with it, I hope it tastes horrible and makes them sick. Unless they really, really needed it. If I believed in curses, I'd put one on that $40 so that it brings nothing but trouble to the person who picked it up. I do believe in karma, though, and I know that one day this person will lose $40 and someone won't give it back to them. I hope it happens soon.

I'm not normally so vindictive, but I'm sick and tired of encountering people without basic decency. I'm sick of people who take advantage of others and who are not honest. Sometimes I think the world would be a much better place without all the people.

Okay, rant over. Sorry about that. I'm just so frustrated and mad at myself and at the person who now has my $40. I know, it's not a lot of money, but it's the principle of the thing. I will survive without the $40, but I might have been someone else, someone who couldn't survive without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment