Saturday, July 21, 2007

last few days have been a blur

I'm not even sure why, but the last few days have been a blur. I spent several days this past week not feeling well and am still feeling very tired. Trying to get over it, because next week is going to be busy and I need all my energy for it! I took Noah to a Harry Potter release party last night and he had a great time. Who am I kidding... I had a great time too! I read for a few hours last night, but had to sleep before finishing. I did finish Deathly Hallows at about 5 p.m. today. I'm still processing the story, so I'm not going to talk about it yet. Soon, I'm sure.

I will say this... after I finished the book, I looked over my notes for my own fantasy children's series and decided I'm a hack, lol. I can't even imagine having the ability to dream up this kind of richly detailed world. I'm not abandoning the idea and I'm certainly not going to stop writing, but I had the moment that you always hear writers talk about. The moment when I thought I must be crazy to think I could be a writer. I had never really had that moment before, I've always been convinced that I would be a writer one day. Today, for a moment, I doubted I had the talent. I didn't like that moment, and I will fight to keep it from coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment