Wednesday, July 11, 2007

too darn hot

There's a Cole Porter song that says "it's too darn hot." I feel that way right now. It was over 80 at 8 this morning when I was pulling into the parking lot at work, and by the time I was ready to go home, it was in the high 90s. I had a burning desire (pun intended) to jump in the pool before going to rehearsal, but a friend called and I ended up talking to him for awhile. No big deal, though.

Rehearsals are still going well. I still don't know what I'll be doing, but that's okay. We had our selection committee meeting last night and three of the plays I voted for made the season roster. I hope the board passes them, because they are wonderful plays. I am especially excited about "Quilters." It's so different from anything we've ever done, and it's a beautiful, meaningful story. I will absolutly be trying out for that one... they need seven women who can sing and act. I'm not sure they will find too many women who can do both, so I have an advantage! I'm also going to volunteer to make one of the blocks. I've never quilted before, but I think I can learn. They will be made before rehearsals even start, so it won't interfere with learning lines, songs, blocking, etc. It'll be later in the year, so I'll have plenty of time to do it. Maybe I can convince my mother to do one too. It would be nice to make that kind of contribution.

Work is interesting right now. Take the word interesting any way you want... I truly feel ready to move on. Now if only the phone would ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment