Thursday, October 25, 2007

crash!

I know I haven't posted in almost a week, but there is a good reason for that. My computer crashed! It was horrible. I lost everything that was on my computer, including my notes for NaNo. Luckily, all my novels and works in progress are backed up on a portable hard drive and on disk, but I didn't back up my notes. Stupid, I know. I'm also happy to report that I didn't lose any of my photos or music because they were backed up on the portable drive too. I did have to spend hours putting programs back on the computer last night and I reconstructed a lot of the outline that I had finished.

The worst thing was losing my internet favorites. All the freelance job boards, the writing forums, the knitting sites (with free patterns!) are gone now. I also spent some time last night trying to save favorites again. It really makes me want to save all my favorites online somewhere in case this happens again. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do that. I think Google offers that service.

Another thing I did last night was to put my ideas about Draha into FreeMind to get a clear picture of the series. I spent about an hour putting in the different aspects of the story and getting used to the program. I really love this program! I think I might even use it to organize projects at work if I can figure out exactly how to use it for that purpose. It's so helpful to be able to see all aspects of a project and how they relate to each other just mapped out on the screen. I've always been a fan of brainstorming on paper (or screen). It really helps me organize my thoughts.

So anyway, that's why I haven't posted. I'll do an update on my week later, but for now, know that I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment