Thursday, April 6, 2006

A lovely day

So today was great. I mean it was REALLY great. We got so much done on the fundraiser today. This event is going to be so pretty, I can't wait to see it. We've decided to do the placemats in goldenrod with black accents, so we'll have daisies in the center of the tables, goldenrod placemats, and black plates. It'll be really nice, I think. I had originally planned to do royal blue, white and silver, but it wouldn't go with the black plates, so we decided against it. I think the goldenrod and black will be better anyway.

But enough about work. I want to talk about something I thought about yesterday while driving home. Someone on my street was out mowing their lawn. The smell of wild onions filled the air as he cut them along with the grass, and I realized how much I love summer. It's not quite here yet, of course, but that smell reminded me of being a kid, cutting the grass on a Saturday, hitting a patch of wild onions and just drinking in the smell. Speaking of incredible scents, the sweet olive tree outside my window is still blooming. That is seriously the most amazing fragrance in the world. I tried to find perfume based on that scent, but the one that was supposed to smell like it didn't. At all. Oh, and the wisteira is still blooming, which is another flower with a great scent. My front lawn smells great with all these fragrant flowers. Anyway, back to the original point. I realized how much I love summer. Last summer was horrible, and the one before it wasn't great either. Hurricanes ruined my love for summer, but I'm determined to get it back.

I read somewhere that this hurricane season was going to be pretty bad too. But I've decided to be positive about it. If we get another storm, we will deal. We always do.

Oh, here's a random observation. I went to a car wash today, and the automated voice that came out of the speaker (you know, the one that tells you what to do) had a southern accent. I don't know why, but it really struck me as funny. Only in Alabama...

No comments:

Post a Comment