Sunday, April 23, 2006

Crazy weekend

Normally I would post on here no matter what, but it's been an insane weekend. On Friday, Rhea and I went to see Silent Hill. My official opinion on this movie is don't waste your time. It. Was. Horrible. (and I don't usually say that) I can normally find something good about a movie, and while this one had some genuinely creepy moments, some moments where Rhea and I were both making high pitched squeeling noises (softly, of course.. we would never disturb anyone in the theater) overall it just wasn't a great movie. It was like the writers got tired of the story near the end and said, "hey, let's tie this up however we can and then go back and add clues later." It just didn't feel right. Kind of like the end of White Noise. In fact, I'd compare it to White Noise in that it was an interesting premise with lots of potential, but the last 30 minutes or so completely ruined it. So anyway, that was my Friday night. It was fun, though.

Saturday, I drove my parents to Baton Rouge to see Andre Rieu in concert. He has this orchestra and they play waltzes and other classical music. They also do show tunes, and he has a choir and soloists who do opera. It was really quite nice. More fun than going to the symphony, and I love going to the symphony. There was one really neat moment in the evening (my mother says he does it at every concert) where they played a waltz and he talked about how people just have to dance to it everytime they play it. Lo and behold, couples all over the arena started getting out of their chairs and they began to waltz. It was nice. One couple really, really knew what they were doing. They looked like they were floating on air. It was so pretty. Beside our seats, near the aisle, an older couple danced together. They were so cute, looking into each other's eyes, dancing together like they had been dancing together for 50 years. They probably have. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. So it was a very nice evening. We drove almost 8 hours yesterday, to get to the concert and then back home. But the look on my mother's face when they started playing made it all worth it. She was so excited, and she enjoyed it so much. It was nice to see that.

I spent most of today doing nothing, because after all the driving and walking yesterday my ankle was really hurting. In fact, it still hurts. I'll be so glad when this is over. The cast is really starting to get annoying. I want it to be gone so I can start making plans for all the fun I want to have this summer. Vacation, Saturdays at the beach, a couple of weekends in Auburn with Chris (hopefully) and one weekend I want to take Noah to Six Flags. We talked about that today and he's really excited to ride the Superman ride.

Anyway, that was my weekend. It was nice getting out of the house so much, since the injury has made me stick close to home recently. Now that I'm more mobile, it's good to do things away from home. I go to the doctor again this coming Friday. Hopefully there will be good news.

Well, I'd better stop here. I have some work to do before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment