Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Friends

This was my Spark Mail today. Spark Mails are emails of reflection and/or encouragement that come from SparkPeople, the Web site that is helping me maintain my healthy lifestyle program. (it's a great site, if anyone is looking for a way to become more healthy or to track other types of goals) I thought this was a particularly interesting email, especially for me, today.

Are you a good friend? Even if you aren't an antique lover, you can probably appreciate old things. The most worthwhile, long-term investment you can make is investing in relationships. A healthy, edifying friendship can have a huge impact on your well-being, character, and even your success. Old friends have seen us through celebrations, grief, births, graduations, marriages, and so much more. They love us for who we are- warts and all! Think about the most formative friendships in your life and consider writing a note of appreciation to each of your friends. Maybe there are some buddies that you need to reach out to because they have a need, or others you just need to reconnect with. Your gratitude shows them that they are cared for, which everyone needs to know.

My thoughts on this? I agree with it totally. Friends are vital to my well-being, and old friends are especially important to me because there is so much history. I really hope I'm a good friend to each of them, because they are wonderful friends to me.

I'm not sure how many of you read this, but I want all of you to know that I love you and appreciate your friendship more than you will ever know. I'm here for you, just as you are here for me. And that's what healthy friendships are all about. And a special thank you to those of you who have been so encouraging in my attempts to lose weight. It's a long and difficult road, and it helps to know that there are people to cheer me on as I travel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment