Sunday, September 10, 2006

sick and tired

Literally. My sinuses are horrible, I'm exhausted, and I feel like I've been run over by a train.

Yesterday was fun, though. Rhea and I watched North by Northwest, which is her favorite movie, and one I had never seen. You would think after being friends for over 11 years I would have seen her favorite movie by now. Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie, and it was especially fun seeing it with her, since she's seen it a million times! After that, we went to Soul Kitchen with some friends. A great band was playing, so we had a good time dancing and hanging out there. My ears are ringing a little today because we were right by the stage, but that always happens when I hear live music.

Today I'm taking it easy, watching SportsNight on DVD and taking Tylenol Cold and Sinus. And sleeping quite a lot because of the medicine. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to breathe. This week is going to be interesting at work. Our executive director and my boss will both be out of town for a conference, so if anything happens, if the media calls for any reason, I get to take care of it. It's a great chance to really prove that I know what I'm doing.

I weighed myself today and found I lost another pound. I'm a little shocked because I expected last weekend to ruin things for me. But it didn't! I am determined to do this. Rhea is so skinny and cute. She can buy trendy clothes and she gets a lot of attention. When we go somewhere together I feel huge and gross. It's depressing. I used to be the one who got attention. I was the flirt, the fun one, the person everyone wanted to talk to. But for some reason, I'm not tha tperson anymore. I think it's because I feel so unattractive that I don't feel like I should draw attention to myself. I withdraw rather than being the outgoing person I've always been. So anyway, I'm trying to do something about that. I've actually lost 10 pounds since I started the diet, so I feel pretty good about that. I'm still working on getting the right amount of water each day, and am still learning about better eating habits, but I think it's going well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment