Sunday, April 22, 2007

First weekend

So far, the first weekend of the play has gone well. Last night's show wasn't as awesome as opening night, but it was still great. We had a strange audience last night, they didn't respond as well as the opening night audience did. It affected everyone's performance a little, but we still brought everything to the table and worked hard. Today's show is an afternoon performance, so maybe the audience will have more energy. I'm going to get a massive cup of coffee before the show, so I will have more energy!

Work went pretty well last week. We've hit the coasting point in the fundraiser. We've done most of the work and now it's time to complete the details and enjoy the event! It's going to be great. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to the day after the event, when I can take some time off and relax a little. Having the play end two days before my big fundraiser means all my big commitments will be over after the fundraiser. I will happily spend a few weeks not being busy! Then I'll get bored and get involved in something else!

I can't audition for the next play because I'm going to be out of town on opening weekend, but I'm going to offer to help gather props or costumes or something, just to stay involved. I do plan to audition for Hamlet later this year, though. And I'm hoping to be on the board of directors for the theatre next year.

There may be some news about work soon. It's an exciting time and I can't wait to see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment