Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On top of the world!

Yesterday, everything was great!

I had a meeting for the Fundraiser, and apart from some logistics and a fairly serious parking problem, things are going very well. Because of the Other Event at the same place on the same night (which has reached over 5,000 people already) we are struggling to find solutions for parking. I swear, Mobile thinks it's a big city, but it's really just a small town. I'll give the city credit, though, they are trying to work out solutions. It looks like they are going to divert traffic going out of the city and use one of the tunnels to just go into the city rather than in and out. It's going to be a huge mess, but so many people are coming from the other side of the bay for the Other Event that they have to figure something out. Also, they are using a larger parking lot that is further away from the venue and running busses to and from the venue to get people there. It's going to be crazy, but at least we won't have thousands of people looking for a place to park!

Rehearsal was great yesterday too. I got a lovely comment from the director that she was really seeing the character and that I'm adding texture to my performance every night. That was good to hear, since I'm still a little unsure. I'm feeling better about the character, though, and better about some of the things I'm trying to do with the lines and gestures and everything. I'm really trying hard to bring her to life. I have a couple of habitual gestures that I have to stop doing. They are things I do in real life and they really don't go with the character at all, so I'm working on keeping them out of the performance. And here's something funny... I was speaking too quickly, and then I slowed it down too much, and last night I went back to speaking too quickly! It's time to find that happy medium. Hopefully that will come tonight. Tonight should be fun. We're doing publicity shots for a local newspaper and our in-house photographer is going to be there to take pictures as well. We're going to run a few scenes to clean them up and then run the show. I can't wait to see what happens tonight. Every night seems to get better and better.

That's about it... for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment