Friday, October 20, 2006

Because I have nothing to say..

This is a "Friday Five" meme that I found online. I thought it was cool, and since I have nothing else to say, I thought I would answer the questions.

1. What job do you have, and why do you like/hate it?
Public relations and development professional for a nonprofit hunger relief organization in Alabama. I love my job! I enjoy doing public relations and event planning, especially when I'm in charge of the events! Development is fun too, although I'm still learning about it. Grant writing is especially interesting to me (and I appear to be good at it, so that's a plus!)

2. As a kid, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"
I wanted to be an actress. Specifically on Broadway. Specifically the roles of Eponine in Les Miserables and Christine in Phantom of the Opera. But really, I just wanted any possible role, as long as I could sing and act on stage.

3. Is the job you have now anything like what you imagined as a kid?
Not really. Well, in a way I'm always on stage while at work, especially when dealing with the media.

4. Do you have a five-year career plan?
Yes. In five years, I would like to be director of marketing and/or public relations and/or development for a nonprofit. In ten years, I want to be the executive director of a nonprofit. Of course, throughout all this, I will continue my writing and will hopefully have some books published by then.

5. In order to get the job of your dreams, is there anything you wouldn't do? Why?
There are lots of things I wouldn't do. I have certain morals and standards that I will not go against. No job is worth compromising my principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment