Tuesday, November 7, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 7

Current wordcount: 10,764
Today's wordcount: 1,529

Time spent writing: 1 hour
Time spent on NaNo Boards: 30 minutes

Today's soundtrack: Veronica Mars Soundtrack
Today's mood: Bad, bad, bad!

Headachy again. I think it's work. I spent the entire day doing applications and contracts and grant proposals (oh my!) So basically I was in front of my computer screen all day. Of course, when I came home I sat down to write and made it to just over 1500 before my screen started to swim before my eyes. I decided to stop there. At least I have a three day weekend to really get caught up. In fact, I'm going to try really hard to get as far ahead as possible this coming weekend, because I'm going out of town for my birthday and don't want to lose any ground.

The story is actually still going well. I described the house tonight, which was so much fun! I'd love a house like it, although I couldn't live in it alone. I'd have to turn it into a cute little B&B or something, because it would just be too big for just me. Or I guess I could just let every single member of my family live in it, lol! Anyway, it was nice to see Tori finally experience her first look at the house. Now we have to go inside... (that will be tomorrow's writing session, I'm sure!)

So due to the headache, I think I'm going to stop here. Oh! I voted today after work, and oddly enough, there was a nice turnout when I went. They had been saying it would be a low turnout this year, but it seems to be better than expected. Some of the people I voted for are currently winning, some are not. It looks like my favorite Congressman is returning, which is awesome. He is a genuinely nice man who really cares about our state and our country. I think we need more politicians like him. Anyway, so I was happy to be a part of the process today and was extremely happy to see so many people voicing their opinions at the polls. My dad used to say you can't complain about the government if you can't be bothered to vote, so I've always made it a priority to get out there and cast my ballot. I hope everyone out there did the same.

Now I'm off to take a Tylenol PM and go to sleep. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better...

No comments:

Post a Comment