Tuesday, May 8, 2007

creating

I've never been a "crafty" person. In fact, I would look at the beautiful things that people made and would envy them their talent, knowing I could never do something so pretty. Recently, I've been trying to be more "crafty" and I must say I'm fairly happy with the results. Of course, I've had my failed attempts, but all in all, it's been a great experience.

I'm so excited about the box swap at Create a Connection this month. I've decided to make the box for my swap buddy. That's all I'm going to say in case she's reading this blog. I want it to be a surprise, Nina! I will post a pic of the finished product at some point, but only when I know it's in her hands!

Here's an interesting result from these attempts to work with my hands. I find the creativity is leaking out onto other aspects of my life. I find myself getting inspired about other things, even writing, while I'm doing crafts. It's just incredible! I love stretching myself creatively. I think it's extremely important to do that, to always continue to try new things and to constantly challenge yourself, especially creatively. It even helps me in my job, which is an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment