Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the theatre (theater?) obsession

Okay, I am obviously suffering from an obsession. I knew it would happen. The minute I auditioned for Fuddy Meers I knew I would become hooked on being onstage again. I just found out a community theater is doing Guys and Dolls in November, so of course I'm trying out! I love that show! I have always loved it, and now I'm going to (hopefully) be in it! I'll take any part in this show, just to be in it.

We had a play selection meeting last night and it went very well. We're meeting again on Saturday to read some additional plays that were ordered last week and hadn't come in by yesterday afternoon. I'm looking forward to reading these plays too. The committee is great, and I really enjoy working with them.

So it looks like the rest of my year will be spent doing Hamlet in August and Guys and Dolls in November. I think I'm going to become a theater junkie!

Initially, I worried about this getting in the way of my writing, but as long as I continue writing and learn to balance everything I think it'll be okay. I'm going to start waking up earlier in the mornings so I can get my writing done before anything else. It's just a matter of training my body to wake up earlier. I think I can do it. But, of course, if it starts to get in the way, I'll slow down. Writing comes first. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment