Friday, May 18, 2007

crochet? no way!

All my online knitting buddies keep talking about crochet. All the tutorials I've read and watched say it's easier than knitting. Are they kidding??? I tried last night. I really did. But for some reason, I can't seem to wrap my brain (or my yarn) around crochet. I can do a chain, but that's where it ends for me. The chains are rather cool all by themselves, I plan to give one to Hannah to wear as a bracelet, lol. But I wanted to try something different and I had this crochet hook just lying around, and some extra yarn after finishing a scarf, so I gave it a shot. I'm hoping it will be like knitting was for me at first. I had a really hard time with it in the beginning, but now it's easy. Of course, I'm still learning new knitting techniques, but feel like I've really mastered the basic stitches and have even moved on to some more difficult things. But crochet... it just escapes me. Hopefully as I keep trying it will get easier. You know me... always trying something new.

Wrote a few more pages on Under the Magnolia Tree last night. The story is getting more and more interesting. (interesting meaning bizarre) I might have to change some things. I found a couple of publishers who focus on Southern fiction. I'm going to do some research to see if they might be a fit for this story when it's finished. Of course, that's after extensive editing! I did some research for the FaithGirls series last night too. I wanted to see if there were other publishers I could query and I found a few. I'll be getting that package ready to send out in the next couple of weeks.

21 days until my summer vacation. Yes, I'm counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment