Wednesday, May 16, 2007

escape

My vacation is in 23 days. I have never been so ready for anything in my entire life! I haven't been on a real vacation in a few years, so it's time for one. I wish I could take one every year, but it's just not always possible. I've needed a break for awhile, and I am really looking forward to it. Did I mention I'm looking forward to it?? lol I just want to escape for awhile, you know? It's time to get away and focus on other things. It's time to experience new places and feel the freedom of the open road. And now I sound like a car commercial. I'm not sure why that happened, but it's just how I feel right now.

Today was okay. I got two contracts done and started on a grant report. There are three grants due close to my vacation week, so I'm going to get one of them finished and sent before I go and the other two I plan to do as much as I can before I go and finish them up when I get back. They are due about two weeks after I return, so it won't be a problem.

I left work a little later than usual and started laundry when I got home. I worked on Under the Magnolia Tree for about an hour, which was good. After that, I checked the Script Frenzy site for new posts, answered a few, and settled down to work on the last miter in my first square. I stopped for a moment when my phone rang. It was a wrong number. When I picked it back up, I started purling back over the stitches I had just done. When I finally realized my mistake, I had to basically rip half the row. How annoying! That's why I don't like to stop in the middle of a row. So I fixed that and kept knitting. At the color change, I stopped to turn on Lost and then decided to post to the blog before it got too late. So that's what I'm doing now! I'll go back to the miter when I'm finished here. Hopefully I'll have a finished square to post sometime soon! It has taken me way too long to knit this first square! Of course, considering that this was my first attempt at a more complex project, I think it's actually going well.

So overall, not a bad day really. Tomorrow should be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment